Sept. 23 Webinar Analyzes What Boomers Want Research
The home and community preferences of baby boomers and their older cohorts will be discussed during a webinar presented by NAHB’s 50+ Housing Council beginning at 1:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, Sept. 23.
The webinar, “55+ Housing by the Numbers (Part 2),” will examine the most recent research conducted by NAHB and the MetLife Mature Market Institute (MMI). The webinar is free to members of the 50+ Housing Council. The fee is $69 for other NAHB members and $100 for non-members.
Based on 2009 consumer and builder surveys to examine emerging industry trends, the research examines what 55+ consumers are looking for in the future — including design features, amenities and home finance. The research also looks at the mature market's acceptance of green building and aging in place/universal design. In addition, experts also break down the similarities and differences between consumers and builders today.
The information will give industry professionals a better understanding of the 55+ market and the tools to build and design homes and communities that appeal to the next wave of boomers.
Panelists include NAHB Chief Economist David Crowe; John Migliaccio, director of research for the MetLife Mature Market Institute; and Steven Bomberger, president of Benchmark Builders a residential and active adult builder based in Wilmington, Del.
Sharon Dworkin Bell, senior vice president for NAHB’s Multifamily and 50+ Housing areas, will serve as the moderator.
During the webinar, the panelists will:
- Analyze findings of companion surveys of builders and 55+ consumers conducted by NAHB and the MetLife Market Institute in 2009
- Provide a gap analysis that shows similarities and differences between consumer behaviors and preferences and builders’ perceptions about the 55+ market
- Describe the types of homes and communities that the 55+ market wants — including location, home size, design features and preferred amenities and services — and how builders are meeting consumer demand
- Examine the financial situation of today’s 55+ consumers, looking at preferred pricing, the desire of many buyers to control costs and the most popular mortgage and finance methods used to complete a home purchase
- Explain consumer perspectives regarding universal design, green building and home technology and how builders are incorporating these features into new construction
For more information and to register, click here, call the NAHB Office of the Registrar at 800-368-5242 x8338 or e-mail email@example.com.
The webinar is part of series of NAHB 50+ Housing E-Learning sessions being held through October. For information about the upcoming webinars, visit www.nahb.org/50pluswebseminar.
Find Out What the 45+ Housing Market Wants
“Right House, Right Place, Right Time: Community and Lifestyle Preferences of the 45+ Housing Market,” available through BuilderBooks.com, will help 50+ housing professionals determine the right design, home features and amenities to attract boomer home buyers in their market.
Margaret Wylde guides readers through the latest survey results on this important consumer group and explains what their responses mean for today’s and tomorrow’s home building industry.
To view or purchase this publication online, click here, or call 800-223-2665.