NAHB Launches 'It's a Great Time to Buy a Home' Campaign
A package of ready-to-use resources just released by NAHB is geared to putting into the hands of association members the information they need to educate consumers on the low mortgage rates and competitive prices available in today’s buyer’s market.
Available to NAHB members for free online, “It’s a Great Time to Buy” provides a starting point for public relations campaigns to galvanize prospective home buyers who have been discouraged by negative reports in the media to go out and see for themselves the range of opportunities that have opened up in today’s slower marketplace.
Housing economists are predicting that the current adjustment period in housing from the unsustainably high levels of the past few years will be relatively short-lived, bottoming out by the middle of next year and leaving many markets with an insufficient supply of new homes to meet demand.
Resources in the buy-now package include:
- Talking points, Q&As and a sample press release
- Sample op-eds, letter to the editor and newspaper columns
- An economic backgrounder
- Print and radio advertisements
- Public relations advice on getting the message out through the media, events and Web sites
- A home builders association guide on how to make the most of the package
- Sample member communications, including a newsletter article and tips for engaging members in the campaign
Because conditions vary from market to market, "It’s a Great Time to Buy" is meant to serve as a guide. NAHB’s Public Affairs staff is available to help craft custom PR and media strategies for individual markets and is soliciting comments and suggestions from members to contribute to the effectiveness of the campaign.
As part of the effort, resources have been included that are directly available to consumers at www.nahb.org/timetobuy.
For more information, e-mail Niki Clark at NAHB, or call her at 800-368-5242 x8061.