The Official Online Weekly Newspaper of NAHB
At the NAHB International Builders’ Show last month in Orlando, 12 builders and remodelers from nine states were honored as recipients of the 2011 EnergyValue Housing Awards (EVHA).
Wathen-Castanos Hybrid Homes, Inc., of Fresno, Calif. — which received a gold award in the New Homes, Moderate Climate, Production Homes category — was selected as Builder of the Year. Clifton View Homes, of Coupeville, Wash. — which received gold awards in both the Cold Climate, Existing Home and Moderate Climate, Custom Home categories — was Remodeler of the Year.
Garnering the most online votes prior to the award ceremony, Meritage Homes of Scottsdale, Ariz., captured the People’s Choice award and also received a silver award in the Hot Climate, Production Home category.
Now in its 16th year, the EVHA program challenges builders to elevate standards for energy-efficient new construction and remodeling; provides educational opportunities for building professionals; and fosters the adoption of energy efficiency principles.
Winners are selected from projects in three climate regions (Cold, Moderate, Hot) and five categories (Affordable, Custom/Demonstration, Multifamily, Production and Existing Homes).
This year's other gold and silver award winners are:
- Baldwin Homes, Inc., Arnold, Md. — Silver, Moderate Climate, Production Home
- Cobblestone Homes, Saginaw, Mich. — Gold, Cold Climate, Custom Home
- DOE Building America Team of Building Media, Inc., & Green Builder Media, LLC (ReVISION House), Las Vegas — Silver, Hot Climate, Existing Home
- Ferrier Custom Homes, Fort Worth, Texas — Gold, Hot Climate, Custom Home
- GreenCraft Builders, LLC , Lewisville, Texas — Gold, Hot Climate, Custom Home
- Imagine Homes, San Antonio — Silver, Hot Climate, Production Home
- Near Zero Maine, Vassalboro, Maine — Silver, Cold Climate, Custom Home
- Scott Homes, Olympia, Wash. — Silver, Moderate Climate, Custom Home
- Treasure Homes, Inc., Wheatfield, Ind. — Silver, Cold Climate, Custom Home
"The quality of this year's slate of award-winning builders and remodelers is outstanding," said NAHB Research Center President Michael Luzier. "With innovative industry leaders like this as examples, the mission of the EVHA program and the efforts of its partners to expand the focus on environmental consciousness and energy efficiency among builders and remodelers will continue to flourish."
This year’s award sponsors included BASF — The Chemical Company, Platinum Sponsor and Existing Homes Division Featured Sponsor; and WaterFurnace International, Inc., Winners’ Dessert Reception Sponsor. Silver Sponsors included Andersen Corporation, DOW Building Solutions and SEISCO International Limited.
For information on each winning company’s home, visit www.nahbrc.com/evha.
For more information on the EVHA program, contact Debra Sagan at 800-638-8556 x6210, or use the online contact form.