The Official Online Weekly Newspaper of NAHB
Geared to residents who have difficulty negotiating stairs and of special interest to builders and remodelers in the 50+ and universal design markets, the newest stair lift from ThyssenKrupp Access features a sleek and slim European design.
The Levant stair lift integrates easily into the interior of any home and fits snuggly against the wall.
The Levant has a smooth and quiet chassis, a hard-working motor, an easy-to-use integrated control designed for easy use even for those with limited hand mobility, multiple electronic and mechanical safety features, a folding seat, folding armrests and footrests, a remote control for calling and sending it and an extruded aluminum track.
Among the Levant’s features and benefits:
- Firm but soft with a thick, plush padding in a neutral color, the ergonomically designed seat makes the ride smooth and comfortable. The seat can be folded up to make the stairs free for other users.
- It has lifting power of nearly 300 pounds.
- A simple “one-click” seat belt system provides safety and security.
- Its control unit is easy to operate and is the same one used in more than 15,000 stair lifts worldwide.
- Easy to operate and available on either side of the chair, a swivel handle enables the chair to swivel to the safest position at the top of the stairs, which is particularly useful in tight spaces.
- The size of the footrest enables users to place their feet comfortably next to each other. The footrest has several safety edges on both sides, and when it encounters an obstacle, the stair lift comes to an immediate stop, whether moving up or down.
- Its battery has a long usage cycle and will provide mobility even during long power outages. The standard lift will carry a person 25 times after the power goes out.
- Two call/send stations are included with every unit. The call/sends have a slim design, with easy-to-use push buttons. The infrared control has a wide range, so the user does not have to point precisely at the drive and can call the lift just by pointing at the stair. A “hold to run button” ensures safety during use, with the lift stopping as soon as the button is released.
- The length of the aluminum rail can range from 1 to 24.5 feet and the angle can be 28 to 45 degrees. The Levant can be fitted to almost any straight run stairway. An optional automatic folding rail is ideal for locations where the staircase ends in a doorway and the stair lift rail might pose a tripping hazard. A minimum of 7 feet of travel is required for this feature.
Based in Grand View, Mo., ThyssenKrupp Access is a member of the National Council of the Housing Industry — The Leading Suppliers of NAHB.
This feature is solely for educational and informational purposes. Nothing on this page should be construed as policy, an endorsement, warranty or guaranty by the National Association of Home Builders of the featured product or the product manufacturer. The National Association of Home Builders expressly disclaims any responsibility for any damages arising from the use, application or reliance on any information contained on this page.