The Official Online Weekly Newspaper of NAHB
NAHB’s upcoming webinar, "Take It to the Limit: 2010 Income Limits and the Impacts on LIHTC Projects," can help multifamily professionals better understand the impact that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) recently released income limits for 2010 and a notice ending the "hold harmless" policy in calculating Section 8 income limits will have on their projects.
The webinar — from 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, Sept. 14 and presented by the NAHB Housing Credit Group (HCG) and Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) designation program — will provide the information multifamily professionals need to successfully navigate the changes.
During the webinar, panelists will discuss:
- County vs. project-based application of the limits
- The three dates impacting the income limits for a project
- Impact of the income limits on multiple subsidy projects
- What happens when incorrect rents are applied
- How Project-Based Income Limits will affect future projects
- The gross rent floor election
- Using a flow-chart to determine income limits
The panelists include:
- Brian Carnahan, HCCP, the director of the Ohio Housing Finance Agency's Office of Program Compliance
- Paul Emrath, NAHB vice president of survey and housing policy research
- George Littlejohn, a partner in the Austin, Texas office of Novogradac & Company LLP, which specializes in commercial real estate development, with an emphasis in affordable housing and community development.
Attendees can earn one hour of continuing education credit toward their NAHB designation.
Attendees should e-mail questions for the panelists to Jeff Jenkins at NAHB by Friday, Sept. 10.
To register for the webinar, and for more information, visit www.nahb.org/HCCPwebinar.