The Official Online Weekly Newspaper of NAHB
Major changes have occurred in appraisal standards and practices in the wake of housing and financial market turmoil, presenting major challenges to home builders in financing and selling their homes.
During the upcoming NAHB webinar, “Builder Guide to Appraisals: Obtaining Accurate Valuations on New Homes,” a panel of home builder and appraisal practitioners will discuss the new appraisal rules and provide advice on what builders can do to improve the accuracy of home valuations.
Topics discussed at the webinar, which will be held from 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, Aug. 4, will include:
- Recent changes in appraisal standards and practices
- Requirements for appraisals of new homes
- Communications with lenders and appraisers
- Key information to provide on subject properties
- Tips for dealing with appraisals in distressed markets
- The process for addressing appraisal errors and pursuing reconsideration of values
The panelists include Joe Robson, of the Robson Companies, Broken Arrow, Okla., who will serve as the moderator; Marty Mitchell, of Mitchell & Best Homebuilders, Rockville, Md.; and Allen Gardiner, of Jackson Claborn, Inc., Plano, Texas.
The webinar is presented by the NAHB Business Management and Information Technology and Housing Finance committees and is sponsored by Builder Partnerships, which focuses on increasing communication and collaboration within the home building industry.
For more webinar information, e-mail Agustín Cruz at NAHB, or call him at 800-368-5242 x8472.