The Official Online Weekly Newspaper of NAHB
DuPont Corian solid surfaces has widened its palette this year with 10 new colors, eight of them metallic, that appeal to many personal styles for kitchen, bath or innovative home design.
“The 2010 colors give builders the creative license to select hues that pave the way for contemporary home design,” said Alan Hubbell, new construction marketing manager for DuPont Surfaces.
“These colors will empower everyone to start their own trends or follow those of a favorite designer,” he said. “The invigorated color palette further expands the unlimited design possibilities that only Corian can offer.”
The 2010 metallic colors allow home owners and builders to add a little glitz and effervescence to their interior surfaces. Each color is infused with sparkling silver or gold metallic accents. The directionality of these metallic flakes makes them appear lighter or darker, depending on the viewing angle.
The reflective metallic colors are:
- Graylite — Black to white tones on a gray background, accented with silver metallic flecks.
- Aqualite — Large gray-green particulates on a cool aqua green background. Silver flakes create a 3-D effect.
- Olivite — Olive green emboldened with gold and silver metallic highlights.
- Azurite — Ocean blue with soft sparkling silver metallic accents.
- Silverite — Silver gray with soft silver metallic highlights.
- Copperite — Rich copper with gold metallic flecks.
- Bronzite — Rich dark bronze with subtle gold and silver metallic flecks.
- Sorrel — Earth tone swirls with subtle silver metallic flecks.
In addition to the metallics, two new colors are making their debut this year:
- Designer White — A crisp, bright white for bold design.
- Cottage Lane — Warm caramel, tan and clear particulates on a neutral beige background.
DuPont Corian solid surface material can be used in a variety of residential applications — including kitchen and bathroom countertops, backsplashes, wet bars, tub decks and tub and shower surrounds.
DuPont Corian is nonporous and with proper cleaning does not promote the growth of mold, mildew or bacteria, and includes a 10-year residential installed transferable limited warranty.
This feature is solely for educational and informational purposes. Nothing on this page should be construed as policy, an endorsement, warranty or guaranty by the National Association of Home Builders of the featured product or the product manufacturer. The National Association of Home Builders expressly disclaims any responsibility for any damages arising from the use, application or reliance on any information contained on this page.