The Official Online Weekly Newspaper of NAHB
Lifestyle remains paramount in the 50+ marketplace, but in today’s economic environment, for builders and their buyers, it now means smaller spaces and a fresh approach to amenities. And, of course, buyers are still expecting a great product that representes a great value.
These changes, plus a 50+ marketplace that is more segmented than ever, will be discussed during a webinar presented by the 50+ Housing Council — “The Changing Face of 50+ Community and Home Design” — that will be held from 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 28.
Sponsored by the council, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition, the webinar is free to NAHB 50+ Housing Council and Multifamily Council members. The fee is $69 for other NAHB members and $100 for non-members.
A panel of leading architects and designers will discuss the new look of 50+ communities and home design, emerging consumer preferences and strategies to capture this key market segment.
The panelists will:
- Explain how the economy and housing industry conditions have altered the 50+ marketplace, both in terms of product offerings and consumer demand
- Identify the latest trends in 50+ community design and amenities by examining nationally recognized projects across the country through AIA-member analysis
- Identify emerging trends in unit and interior design for 50+ communities, with an emphasis on designing smaller, more efficient spaces
- Describe cost-effective techniques for improving the overall design of 50+ communities
- Analyze shifts in consumer preferences in buying behaviors and how this affects design
Participants can receive one hour of continuing education credit for all NAHB professional designations, including the Certified Active Adult Specialist in Housing (CAASH). The webinar also has been approved for continuing education credit from The American Institute of Architects (AIA).
To register for the webinar, click here.
For a list of upcoming 50+ Housing Council webinars and to view past webinars, visit www.nahb.org/50pluswebseminar.
For more information on webinars or council membership, e-mail Jeff Jenkins at NAHB, or call him at 800-368-5242 x8292.
“Right House, Right Place, Right Time: Community and Lifestyle Preferences of the 45+ Housing Market,” available through BuilderBooks.com, will help determine the right design, home features and amenities to attract boomer home buyers in your market.
Author Margaret A. Wylde guides readers through the latest survey results on this important consumer group and explains what their responses mean for today’s and tomorrow’s home building industry.
To view or purchase this publication online, click here, or call 800-223-2665.