July 22 Webinar to Focus on 50+ Housing Trends, Design
A panel of leading architects will discuss the hottest design trends in the 50+ housing market and how to design homes and communities that are sustainable, innovative and cost-efficient during an NAHB webinar from 1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT Wednesday, July 22.
Presented by NAHB’s 50+ Housing Council, “50+ Housing Design Trends: Ideas That Won't Break Your Budget” is free to council members. The fee for NAHB members is $69 and for non-members, $100.
Panelists Manny Gonzalez, AIA, CAASH, of KTGY Group; Cornelia Hodgson, AIA, of Dorsky Hodgson Parrish Yue Architects; and Anne Olson, AIA, CAASH, of Olson Architecture, will share strategies to deliver cutting-edge designs and the lifestyle that the baby boomer generation and others in the 50+ market want.
They also will highlight winners from NAHB's 2009 Best of 50+ Housing Awards to show webinar participants how to generate impressive designs with less cash.
In addition, the panelists will:
- Describe techniques used by American Institute of Architects members to analyze and improve the design of active adult and service-enriched homes and communities
- Explain the benefits of creating sustainable homes and communities, with an emphasis on designing for urban infill and near city centers and for promoting walkability
- Identify design considerations and demonstrate how to create more efficient spaces by reviewing flexible floor and site plans
- Explain the importance of value engineering and modular construction to achieve cost-effective design
- Evaluate scenarios of various lifestyle options and amenities that meet the needs of 50+ home buyers
For more information and to register, visit www.nahb.org/50pluswebseminar, or e-mail Sheronda Carr at NAHB or call her at 800-368-5242 x8168.
Webinar participants can earn continuing education credit toward CAASH and other NAHB designations. The webinar also is registered with The American Institute of Architects (AIA) for continuing professional education.
Find Out What the 45+ Housing Market Wants
“Right House, Right Place, Right Time: Community and Lifestyle Preferences of the 45+ Housing Market,” available through BuilderBooks.com, will help determine the right design, home features and amenities to attract boomer home buyers in your market.
Author, Margaret A. Wylde guides readers through the latest survey results on this important consumer group and explains what their responses mean for today’s and tomorrow’s home building industry.
To view or purchase this publication online, click here, or call 800-223-2665.