Inaugural BALA Hall of Fame Inducted at Las Vegas Gala
Ten leaders in residential design were inducted into the inaugural Best in American Living Awards (BALA) Hall of Fame last month during the International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas.
The BALA Hall of Fame was created by the NAHB Design Committee and Professional Builder magazine.
The inaugural class of the BALA Hall of Fame includes the visionary individuals who participated in the creation of BALA. Inductees also include some of the most innovative and well respected leaders in the industry — builders, architects and interior designers — that have brought intelligence and dignity to their disciplines.
Members of the initial group named to the BALA Hall of Fame have received almost 300 BALA awards since the program’s inception, demonstrating the commitment of these individuals and companies to new ideas and quality that will withstand the test of time.
The inductees, who will each be profiled in Professional Builder, are:
- Jack Bloodgood, founder, BSB Design
- J. Carson Looney, F.A.I.A, principal, Looney Ricks Kiss Architects, Inc.
- Aram Bassenian, AIA, chairman & CEO, and Carl W. Lagoni, AIA, president, Bassenian Lagoni Architects
- Carole P. Eichen (posthumously), Carole Eichen Interiors
- Barry Berkus, AIA, Barry Berkus Design Studio
- Christopher Homes
- Taylor Woodrow/Taylor Morrison
- Roy L. Diez, formerly of Professional Builder magazine
- Stephen Moore, president, BSB Design, formerly with NAHB
- J.M. Peters Company/Capital Pacific Holdings
For more information, e-mail Jennifer Jones at NAHB, or call her at 800-368-5242 x8469.