Inherently Green, Roller Shades Upgraded by Graber
Graber, a Spring Window Fashions brand, has announced that it is rolling out an entirely new line of LightWeaves Roller Shades, improving upon this product with a variety of new technologies and high-style fabrics.
Attached to spring rollers mounted to the inside window casing or window frame, the Roller Shades offer a variety of light-control options — from sheer to blackout — while still maintaining indoor privacy.
Complementing nearly any type of home décor, the shades are available in a wide selection of jacquards, stripes and woven textures.
Graber has fully updated the shades’ internal mechanisms for smooth and quiet operation, eliminating distinctive “whirring” noises.
The shades are available with several operating systems and controls, including the Continuous Loop Lift System, which makes it easier to raise large shades while maintaining a constant cord length. Roller Shades also have the option for remote motorization, which is especially useful for shades that are hard to reach.
Springs Window Fashions notes that window coverings by design are inherently green because they block solar heat gain and reduce UV damage inside the home. Installed on a skylight, shades contribute to points scored in the soon-to-be-released National Green Building Standard.
However, products from Springs Window Fashions are also manufactured in high recycling facilities and offer specific benefits for home buyers who are looking for healthier, more energy-efficient homes:
- Nearly every product is constructed with recycled materials, including plastics, metals and fabrics.
- Cellular Shades have R-values of two through five, indicating a strong resistance to heat from warm outdoor temperatures. Their unique cellular design forms pockets of air that insulate windows from heat and cold to conserve energy all year round.
- Cellular Shades constructed of Gallantry fabric include 25% recycled content, which is certified from DuPont.
- Natural Shades feature the use of renewable materials like bamboo, jute and grasses.
- Solar Shades offer GREENGUARD and OEKO-TEX certified low-VOC emission fabrics.
- Roman Shades offer OEKO-TEX certified low-VOC emission fabrics.
- Wood blinds are sourced and processed domestically, minimizing expenditures of energy for transportation, unlike many of today’s wood products that must travel long distances from other countries.
- Packaging materials are 100% recyclable.
Headquartered in Middleton, Wis., Springs Window Fashions is a member of the National Council of the Housing Industry — The Leading Suppliers of NAHB.
This feature is solely for educational and informational purposes. Nothing on this page should be construed as policy, an endorsement, warranty or guaranty by the National Association of Home Builders of the featured product or the product manufacturer. The National Association of Home Builders expressly disclaims any responsibility for any damages arising from the use, application or reliance on any information contained on this page.