Free ‘National Homeownership Month’ Material Available
June is National Homeownership Month and NAHB is offering members and home builders associations free online promotional material ― including sample articles, radio and print advertisements, member education and other consumer resources — that highlights the benefits of homeownership for consumers and provides positive messages about the home building industry.
The material also includes the “Guide to Celebrating National Homeownership Month in June,” which provides tips and ideas on how to celebrate homeownership month, such as planning a news conference and holding a homeownership fair.
Members and HBAs can distribute the homeownership month information to their local news media throughout June or anytime during the year. The ready-to-use articles can also be placed in special tabloid sections for home shows, parades of homes or other special events. All the material can be customized to add relevant local data and contact information.
The material also supports the “Buy Now” message. With interest rates near historic lows, competitive prices and great home selections, buying a home today enables families to enjoy all of the traditional benefits of homeownership, including an excellent return on investment, tax savings, wealth-building, price stability and achieving the American Dream.
The National Homeownership Month Promotional Kit includes:
- Talking points on why it’s a great time for homeownership
- National Homeownership Month press release
- Economic and housing data
- National Homeownership Month proclamation
- Questions and answers to counter negative perceptions of market conditions
- Ready-to-use print and radio advertisements
- Articles for home owners — ranging from how to get a mortgage, maintenance and technology to how to add value to your house.
For more information on getting the message out to home owners and potential home buyers, visit www.nahb.org/homeownershipmonth; or e-mail Brooke Fishel at NAHB, or call her at 800-368-5242 x8061.