Free, New E-Newsletter Covers Latest in Home Technology
The Home Technology Alliance (HTA), a partnership between NAHB and the Custom Electronic Design Installation Association (CEDIA) created to meet the growing consumer demand for home technology, recently launched HTA Update, a free e-newsletter that will keep subscribers up-to-date with current trends in the home building and technology industries.
Created for builders, remodelers and other residential building industry professionals, HTA Update e-Newsletter will include information and educational articles that will introduce industry professionals to the world of technology products and installation services, as well as provide useful guidance on incorporating these services into their business model.
Other HTA benefits for the NAHB membership include:
- Home technology-related articles appearing in Nation's Building News
- HGTVPro Webisodes that will feature home technology product options and educate builders and remodelers on home technology business opportunities
- An IRM home technology course available from the NAHB University of Housing next year that will provide education on home technology options, profit-building techniques, sales techniques geared toward marketing technologies, and an overview of the installation process for home technology options in building and remodeling projects
- Educational sessions, panels and resources on home technologies and structured wiring geared toward the residential building industry
- A source of information to demonstrate how incorporating electronic integration and home technology products and services in the residential business model can increase the quality, marketability and value of homes built or remodeled by NAHB members, including resources on the electronic systems contractor trade
To receive the HTA newsletter and get the latest information on home technologies, e-mail HTA@nahb.com, or visit www.nahb.org/HTA.
CEDIA: A Source for Experienced ESCs
The Custom Electronic Design Installation Association (CEDIA) is a founding sponsor in the Home Technology Alliance and an international trade association of companies that specialize in designing and installing electronic systems for the home.
CEDIA members are established and insured businesses with bona fide qualifications and experience in this field. CEDIA serves as a source for Electronic Systems Contractors (ESCs).
For more information on CEDIA, visit the association’s Web site at www.cedia.org. To find an ESC, click here.