Courses Provide Training on Proper Roof Installation
The Tile Roofing Institute (TRI), a member of NAHB’s Concrete Home Building Council, is expanding a certification program designed to help contractors, consultants, manufacturers and owners learn more about proper tile roof installation.
The TRI Certification Programs address broad-based tile roofing practices and techniques that impact estimating, planning and execution of commercial and residential projects. The two separate one-day courses also look at regional practices in each market where the training is being conducted.
TRI’s one-day “Installer Certification” program provides training on how to install tile roofs in compliance with current code requirements. The course is based on the ICC-ES approved “Installation Manual for Moderate Climate Regions.” The TRI Certified Installer designation is targeted to entry- level and experienced roof installers who want to expand their skill into tile.
In addition, TRI is offering a second one-day certification course designed to provide a broader, more detailed knowledge of tile, including tile markets, design features and benefits, materials specifications, code regulations, estimating, ordering and improved management of roof tile jobs.
The TRI Certified Specialist designation targets designers, specifiers, consultants and any building professionals interested in learning more about the rapidly expanding tile roofing market. This course can also be used as a refresher for inspectors that want to stay up-to-date on codes and proper procedures.
Following is this year’s calendar of training opportunities:
- Jan 29: Installer Certification, Southern California
- Feb. 5: Installer Certification, Dallas
- Feb. 12: Installer Certification, Kansas City
- March 6: Installer Certification, Denver
- April 2: Installer Certification; Beloit, Wis.
- April 22: Installer Certification; Newport Beach, Calif.
- May 20: Installer Certification, Seattle
- June 8: Specialist Certification, Las Vegas
- July 15: Specialist Certification; Chandler, Ariz.
- Aug. 12: Installer Certification, Philadelphia
- Sept. 23: Specialist Certification, Dallas
- Oct. 9: Specialist Certification, Denver
- Nov. 15: Specialist Certification, Kansas City
- Dec. 4: Specialist Certification, Chicago
For the latest in registration materials, click here, call 312-670-4177 or send an e-mail.
Concrete Can Do That — Take the Technologies Tour and See How
NAHB’s 2008 Concrete Technologies Tour gives attendees an inside look at the residential concrete industry and a chance to see the latest production techniques and building trends up close.
Concrete is cost-effective and green and is becoming one of the fastest growing sectors of the residential building industry.
The upcoming tour will be on June 1-3 in Charlotte, N.C.
For more information, visit www.nahb.org/ConcreteTour.