Dow Structural Insulated Sheathing Faster to Install
Dow Building Solutions will put the spotlight on structural insulated sheathing in Booth W2543 at the Feb. 13-16 International Builders’ Show in Orlando.
Dow’s STYROFOAM SIS Brand Structural Insulated Sheathing features three-in-one construction with structural shear bracing, significant insulation performance and a water-resistive barrier.
The sheathing can be used as braced panel walls attached next to other rigid insulated sheathing, or it can serve as a continuous structural insulated sheathing over the entire braced wall line.
- Reduces installation time with “one trip around the house”
- Eliminates the need for OSB, T-bracing or wood let-in bracing
- Minimizes the potential for condensation in the wall cavity and resists moisture
- Costs less than a combination of OSB and housewrap in many cases
- Provides high R-values (R 3.0 at ½” and R 5.5 at 1”)
- Insulates wood studs, enhancing thermal efficiency
- Consists of recyclable materials, with 80% post-consumer content
For more information, visit Booth W2543, or click here.
The Dow Chemical Company is a member of the National Council of the Housing Industry — The Leading Suppliers of NAHB.
This feature is solely for educational and informational purposes. Nothing on this page should be construed as policy, an endorsement, warranty or guaranty by the National Association of Home Builders of the featured product or the product manufacturer. The National Association of Home Builders expressly disclaims any responsibility for any damages arising from the use, application or reliance on any information contained on this page.