Workshop to Provide Guidance on Clean Water Act Rules
NAHB, the National Mining Association and Hunton & Williams, LLP on Nov. 14 in Atlanta again will host a workshop on recently published guidance from the federal Environmental Protection Agency and U. S. Army Corps of Engineers.
The so-called Rapanos guidance discusses jurisdictional issues in the Clean Water Act that were revised after the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Rapanos v. Carabell last year.
The workshop is the next in a series of events planned for representatives of mining companies, home builders and developers and other businesses affected by wetlands permitting issues. The three groups held a similar session in Arizona last month.
Speakers will include:
- Mark Sudol, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Chief, Regulatory Branch
- Craig Hooks, EPA, Director of Wetlands, Oceans & Watersheds
- Kevin Minoli, EPA, Office of General Counsel
- Tom Welborn, EPA, Region 4, Wetlands, Coastal and Watersheds Branch Chief
- Mike Wylie, EPA, enforcement expert
To reserve a space, e-mail Lindsay Cather at NAHB, or call her at 800-368-5242 x8163.
The workshop will be held at the Westin Atlanta Airport, and hotel reservations can be made online or by calling 404-762-7676.