Boost Job Site Safety With Fall Protection Training Products
According to NAHB’s Construction, Safety & Health Committee, more than a third of all fatal accidents in the construction industry are a result of falls.
In an effort to increase job site safety and reduce the chance of job related accidents, NAHB has produced the “Fall Protection Video, English-Spanish” and “NAHB-OSHA Fall Protection Handbook, English-Spanish.”
Both are available through BuilderBooks.com and provide easy-to-follow instructions on how to prevent construction-related falls.
The 30-minute “Fall Protection Video, English-Spanish” can be used by builders to train workers to use safe work practices that eliminate fall hazards and comply with OSHA fall-protection standards in either English or Spanish.
The “NAHB-OSHA Fall Protection Handbook, English-Spanish” provides guidelines for creating a written fall-protection plan and identifying safe work practices that can prevent costly accidents and injuries. Written with clear text, photographs and illustrations, the book serves as a user-friendly resource for promoting safety on any job site.
Both are essential tools for learning how to:
- Select and use the right ladder
- Protect from injuries surrounding stairways, leading edges, window and wall openings and floor holes
- Use a personal fall arrest system (PFAS)
- Safely build and erect exterior and balloon-framed walls
- Securely construct rafters and install roof trusses and sheathing
- Provide fall protection for application of roofing materials
- Guard against implement hazards
- Provide protection from falling objects
- Use safe job site practices to protect workers operating at heights
- Train workers to identify fall protection hazards
To purchase the handbook and video online, visit BuilderBooks.com, or call 800-223-2665.