Retractable Screens Let Custom Windows Shine
Coming in fourth on this year’s PCBC list of cool consumer products, JELD-WEN's Custom Wood Windows with Phantom Screens® Technology is one of the manufacturer’s most important breakthroughs of the year.
The product is designed to let the beauty of the windows come through by incorporating Phantom Screens Technology into the frames themselves.
True to their name, retractable Phantom screens retract out of sight when they are not being used. When an insect screen is needed, they easily slide into place on a built-in track.
As part of JELD-WEN’s offering, there’s a matching wood cover for the screen and an attractive wood handle that blends seamlessly with the window frame.
The partnership between JELD-WEN and Phantom Screens offers a number of benefits for builders and home owners, including:
- Total integration of Phantom retractable screens into the custom window, rather than adding on the screen at a later time with materials that may not match
- Insect screens that pull into place for an effective barrier that can retract out of sight when a clear view is desired
- Custom wood cover and handle built into the JELD-WEN window in standard pine or optional mahogany, red alder and Douglas fir
- A removable track allowing double-hung sashes to tilt for easy cleaning
- An ultra-sheer fiberglass mesh coated with PVC to ensure full ventilation and durability
Headquartered in Klamath Falls, Ore., JELD-WEN is a member of the National Council of the Housing Industry — The Supplier 100 of NAHB.
This feature is solely for educational and informational purposes. Nothing on this page should be construed as policy, an endorsement, warranty or guaranty by the National Association of Home Builders of the featured product or the product manufacturer. The National Association of Home Builders expressly disclaims any responsibility for any damages arising from the use, application or reliance on any information contained on this page.