Endowment Announces Evans Scholarship Award Recipients
The National Housing Endowment, the philanthropic arm of NAHB, has announced the recipients of the 2007-2008 Lee S. Evans/National Housing Endowment Scholarship, which is awarded to exemplary students who major in construction-related fields.
The Lee S. Evans Scholarship Committee awarded $48,000 to 14 worthy students.
The scholarship recipients include:
- Ashley Bastian, a junior at Utah Valley State College studying construction management
- Jeffrey Bowling, a junior at the University of Southern California studying construction management
- Catherine Carleo, a sophomore at the University of New Mexico studying architecture and construction management
- Brian Dilley, a junior at Brigham Young University studying construction management
- DeAnna Eliker, a graduate student at the University of Nebraska studying for a Ph.D. in engineering and construction management
- Farideh Farzaneh, a junior at the University of Southern California studying construction management
- Jathan Garrett, a sophomore at Utah Valley State College studying construction management
- Brian Lord, a sophomore at Utah Valley State College studying technology management and building and construction management
- Conor O’Byrne, a senior at the University of Colorado at Boulder studying civil engineering and construction engineering management
- Caitlin Powell, a sophomore at Colorado State University studying construction management
- Stephanie Roos, a sophomore at North Dakota State University studying construction engineering
- Zachary Simard, a junior at Washington State University studying construction management
- Nicholas Torgusson, a junior at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, studying Construction Management
- William Webb, a junior at Utah Valley State College studying construction and technical management.
Founded in 1993 by Lee and Virginia Evans, the Lee S. Evans Scholarship has awarded more than $340,000 to nearly 140 students across the country.
“Lee and Virginia Evans started this scholarship to provide the most outstanding students studying construction management industry recognition for their hard work and academic achievements,” said Bruno Pasquinelli, Evans committee chair and CEO of Pasquinelli Construction Co. “This scholarship has come to mean so much to the recipients, many of whom would not be able to pursue their educations without such financial assistance. I and the Lee Evans Scholarship Committee are proud to serve as stewards of Lee and Virginia’s vision.”
The scholarship determinations were made by the Evans Scholarship Committee. Committee members included Pasquinelli; Brenda Eid, founder of bj Eid Associates; J. Roger Glunt, president of Glunt Development Co., Inc.; Robert Jones, president of Robert R. Jones Associates; Mark Lee Levine, director and professor of the Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management at the University of Denver; Roger Pastore, founder of RCP Financial Group and former president and CEO of Pulte Home Mortgage; Roger Reinhardt, executive vice president of the Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Denver; and Chuck Shinn, of Shinn Associates.
More Endowment Scholarship Programs
The endowment administers 12 scholarships and awards more than $300,000 each year to students pursuing careers in residential construction and related fields.
For more information, visit the endowment Web site at www.nationalhousingendowment.org.