Seventeen Winners Fuel Up on Education at IBS
Seventeen lucky attendees of the recent 2007 International Builders’ Show in Orlando walked away winners in The NAHB University of Housing “Fuel Up on Education” giveaway contest.
Four $100 Visa gas cards were given away at NAHB’s education booth each day during the four days of the show. On the final day of the show, Sharon Capan of Shamot Construction in Coraopolis, Pa. won the grand prize giveaway — a $2,500 gas card.
“I can’t believe it,” said Capan. “I never win anything.”
The contest drew many attendees to the booth for a chance to win and to learn more about NAHB’s education programs.
“I hadn’t stopped by the booth before,” said Victoria Laney, of Ocoee, Fla., a $100 card winner. “But the contest got my attention. Once I got the literature, I realized what a wonderful education program NAHB offers. I’ve already recommended courses to several local contractors I know.”
Another $100 card winner, Lenny Tillery of Benson, Ariz., knows the education program inside and out. He is both a student and the chairperson of the National Designation and Training Committee.
Tillery has already completed two courses towards his Certified Graduate Associate (CGA) designation. His goal is to get more educational programs offered locally.
“I have to drive to Dallas to take a class now,” he said.
An NAHB education task force is currently exploring which programs local HBA members are most interested in seeing hosted. “I know we have a long way to go,” he said. “But we are on our way.”
Grand Prize Winner
- Sharon Capan, Shamot Construction, Coraopolis, Pa.
Feb. 7 Winners
- Barbara Carpenter, NY State Builders’ Association Rep, Albany, N.Y.
- Robert Gajewski, Lafayette Development, Frederick, Md.
- Beverly Graybeal, McDonald Construction, Bridgeport, W.V.
- Rex Walker, Realty Builders, Inc, Newport News, Va.
Feb. 8 Winners
- Dianne Beaton, Secondwind Water Systems, Manchester, N.H.
- Bob Blanchette, LWR Communities, Bradenton, Fla.
- Miriam Land, Taunton Truss, Tallahassee Fla.
- Lanny Tillery, Whirlpool Corporation, Benson, Ariz.
Feb. 9 Winners
- Diana Lucero, New Mexico Bank & Trust, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Rich Madron, RDM & Co, Red Bluff, Calif.
- Abigail Taunton, Taunton Truss, Wewahitchka, Fla.
- Debbie Williamson, Wayne Homes, Longwood, Fla.
Feb. 10 Winners
- Carol Gardina, Air Source, Loxahatchee, Fla.
- Judy Kuzma, Glenmoor Manor Development, Holt, Mich.
- Victoria Laney, West Orange Times, Ocoee, Fla.
- Kate Murr, Smart Designs, Springfield, Mo.
For more information about The NAHB University of Housing, visit www.nahb.org/education.
Learn More About The NAHB University of Housing
Whether you’re new to the industry, hope to make your next career move or want to improve your company’s bottom line, The NAHB University of Housing can assist you in your educational pursuits.
Visit www.nahb.org/education for a comprehensive listing of courses throughout the country. Be sure to visit often in order to view the most up-to-date information in your area.
NAHB Kit Gives Builders Back-to-Basics Tips in Cooling Market
With the current cooling of the nation’s housing market expected to persist into the middle of the year, NAHB has developed a comprehensive online toolkit geared to providing association members with information that will help them prosper in today’s changing business environment.
To access the “Back to Basics” toolkit, you must be an NAHB member and have a login to www.nahb.org. To create a login, go to www.nahb.org/login or click on the log-in button on the main menu bar on the NAHB Web site.
For assistance, call the NAHB Member Service Center at 800-368-5242.