Builders Asked What They Want From Manufacturers in Soft Market
To help manufacturers deal with the changes occurring in today’s soft housing market, the NAHB Research Center has been exploring how builder expectations of manufacturers have changed and how that could affect the way manufacturers do business.
Through a series of national focus groups and a subsequent national survey of builders — both production and custom — the Research Center has set out out to find answers to some key questions:
- What changes have builders made in their internal operations and how do those changes affect purchasing?
- What factors are driving changes in builders’ material usage and selection?
- Is now the time for manufacturers to innovate?
- How have builder expectations for manufacturers changed in light of the current building market?
- How are builders reacting to changing expectations from their customers in this buyers’ market?
Answers to these and other questions will help bring to light the challenges and opportunities awaiting manufacturers in the current marketplace.
The NAHB Research Center will be hosting an invitation-only preview of these survey findings during the International Builders’ Show. The full report will be for sale during the grand opening of the Research Center’s new state-of-the-art laboratory and market research facility this spring.
For more information on this internally funded NAHB Research Center project or other ongoing market research projects, call 800-638-8556, or visit www.nahbrc.org.
Builders who want to weigh in on this current research are also encouraged to participate in a blog hosted by the NAHB Research Center; visit softhousingmarket.blogspot.com to express your opinions.