IBS Tech Seminars Look at Increasing Efficiency, Profitability
Five seminars about how specific information technology solutions can increase efficiency and profitability are being offered at the 2007 International Builders’ Show in Orlando on Feb. 7-9.
The seminars are in the nextBuild/Technology track of the education seminars on the Builders’ Show Web site and include:
- "Low-Tech Subs and High-Tech Builders — How to Bridge the Gap." Learn 10 surefire ways to use technology to motivate and communicate with trades, whether or not they are proficient with information technology.
- "Think Before You Buy — Builder Software and Technology That Works." Learn how to evaluate software and job-site technology as the building industry becomes more dependent on IT.
- "Cheap Tricks: Simple Technology Solutions to Big Business Problems." Explore the latest software, hardware, Web services and hand-held devices that can be put to work immediately.
- "Developing a Web Strategy." Learn how to find a good Web developer, draft a scope of work and improve a Web site.
- "Draw Your Way to an Estimate: How to Get Started With CAD-Assisted Take-off and Estimating." Learn how to integrate Computer Aided Design (CAD) and estimating for great results.
To sign up for these nextBuild/Technology seminars, go to "My Show Planner" at www.BuildersShow.com.
NAHB Has Nearly 300 Resources to Help You Run Your Business More Profitably
Go to NAHB's Business Management Tools Web pages (available to members only) for instant access to nearly 300 timesaving, moneymaking and cost-cutting business resources to help you run your business more profitably. Get guidance on accounting and financial management, business strategy, computers and information technology, customer service, human resources and more.
Resources are added weekly, so bookmark www.nahb.org/biztools to go directly to these vital business management resources.
Local and state home builders associations can link directly to www.nahb.org/biztools from their Web site and give their members instant access to these resources. It will make your HBA's Web site the place to go for the information and guidance that members need to succeed.
NAHB Kit Gives Builders Back-to-Basics Tips in Cooling Market
With the current cooling of the nation’s housing market expected to persist into the middle of next year, NAHB has developed a comprehensive online toolkit geared to providing association members with information that will help them prosper in today’s changing business environment.
To access the “Back to Basics” toolkit, you must be an NAHB member and have a login to www.nahb.org. To create a login, go to www.nahb.org/login or click on the log-in button on the main menu bar.
For assistance, call the NAHB Member Service Center at 800-368-5242.
Subscribe to NAHB’s Business of Building e/Source
NAHB’s Business of Building e/Source is your monthly electronic guide to the hot issues and emerging trends in home building business management. You’ll find practical advice, tricks of the trade and sound business guidance — all delivered monthly, straight to your desktop, in a quick and easy-to-read format. Business of Building e/Source is available free to NAHB members and their employees.
To subscribe, visit www.nahb.org/BoB on the Members Only side of the NAHB Web site.