Flyer Lists 10 Great Reasons to Buy a Home
With “It’s a Great Time to Buy" promotional materials in hand, NAHB members are continuing to emphasize the opportunities for buying a home in today’s buyer’s market — including a leveling off in prices, affordable mortgage interest rates and a buoyant national economy that is generating new jobs and income growth.
A one-page flyer in the free, online package lists the top 10 reasons to buy a home:
- It’s a Buyer’s Market: You’re in the driver’s seat and can get a great deal on a new or existing home. Yes, dreams do come true.
- More for Your Money: Builders are offering free upgrades, mortgage interest buy-downs and a host of other incentives.
- Tax Benefits: Your kindly Uncle Sam knows homeownership benefits the nation and encourages it through deductions for mortgage interest and state and local property taxes.
- Great Selection: Ample inventory of new and existing homes means more choices.
- Interest rates: Currently near historic lows.
- Equity: College expenses, consumer goods, retirement. Your 401k should be so useful.
- Leveraging: Make a downpayment of 10% or less of the value of the house. Earn returns based on the total value of the property. Plus you get to live there! What’s not to like?
- Amenities: Gourmet kitchen, mini-spa bathroom, home theater. You want it, you got it! It’s all about you.
- Energy and Resource Efficiency: Today’s new homes are increasingly energy-efficient and are constructed with resource conserving materials and techniques to save you money.
- More space: Kids, pets, hobbies, in-laws. No explanation necessary.
To download the flyer, which can be printed and used in sales offices, members can click here.
To access all of the “buy now” materials, click here.
As part of the effort, additional resources are available to consumers at www.nahb.org/timetobuy.
For more information, e-mail Niki Clark at NAHB, or call her at 800-368-5242 x8061.