Register for Custom Builder Symposium in Las Vegas
The Custom Builder Symposium will be held at the Lake Las Vegas Resort in Nevada on Oct. 27-29.
Register now for the 2006 Custom Builder Symposium so you don't miss the Aug. 18 early bird registration deadline.
The symposium will be held Oct. 27-29 in the Lake Las Vegas Resort, Nev.
Featuring world-class education, plenty of networking opportunities and a practical take-home workbook packed with tips on marketing, management and customer service, the Custom Builder Symposium is a can't-miss opportunity for custom builders to learn from peers who build high-end homes for demanding customers.
In addition, the symposium's Andersen Home Tour will be featuring homes in all phases of construction created by leading Las Vegas custom home builders.
Learn From Peers and Other Industry Experts in Concurrent Sessions
The Custom Builder Symposium will feature education programs tailored to the needs of builders whose specialty is the discerning, high-end home client.
The following are just a few of the sessions offered:
- Outdoor Living Environments: Design for entertaining, relaxing and well-being. Drue Ellen Lawlor, of Education-Works Inc., will discuss the importance of outdoor living spaces to a sense of well-being and wellness.
- Profit Debate: Cost plus vs. fixed price. Dennis Dixon, of Dixon Ventures Inc., will help answer which option is simpler, generates more profit, is easier to manage and is right for your company and projects.
- Creating Greater Profitability. In assessing how to add 5%-7% or more to the typical builder's profit margin, Rob Robbins, of the Lee Evans Group, suggests focusing on a few key operational areas.
- Be Memorable or Be Gone. New millennium home buyers want more than good service and a good price and warranty. According to Paul Montelongo, of Paul Montelongo Enterprises Inc., they want a first-class, memorable experience. This session will teach techniques to make a lasting optimal experience for your customers that generates referrals, repeat business and maximum profits.
- Building for, and Selling to, Multicultural Customers. Sixty percent of all home buyers today are minorities, presenting a huge opportunity for builders who know how to meet the needs of Hispanic, Asian and African-American consumers. Michael Lee, of Seminars Unlimited, will explain how.
- The Top 10 "Must Have" Technology Trends for Homes. Utz Baldwin, of AD System, will present a technology overview enabling you to adapt your business model to home buyers’ new expectations for incorporating high-tech into their high-end homes.
To learn more about the Custom Builder Symposium or to register, go to www.nahb.org/custom.
NAHB Has More Than 250 Resources to Help You Run Your Business More Profitably
Go to NAHB's Business Management Tools Web pages (available to members only) for instant access to more than 250 timesaving, moneymaking and cost-cutting business resources to help you run your business more profitably. Get guidance on accounting and financial management, business strategy, computers and information technology, customer service, human resources and more.
Resources are added weekly, so bookmark www.nahb.org/biztools to go directly to these vital business management resources.
Local and state home builders associations can link directly to www.nahb.org/biztools from their Web site and give their members instant access to these resources. It will make your HBA's Web site the place to go for the information and guidance that members need to succeed.
Subscribe to NAHB’s Business of Building e/Source
NAHB’s Business of Building e/Source is your monthly electronic guide to the hot issues and emerging trends in home building business management. You’ll find practical advice, tricks of the trade and sound business guidance — all delivered monthly, straight to your desktop, in a quick and easy-to-read format. Business of Building e/Source is available free to NAHB members and their employees.
To subscribe, visit www.nahb.org/BoB on the Members Only side of the NAHB Web site.
NAHB Technology Solutions Directory Now Online
NAHB’s Technology Solutions Directory — an easy-to-use directory that enables builders, remodelers, contractors and other industry professionals to find information on software and IT solutions and services for their businesses — is now online. The directory is sponsored by the Business Management & Information Technology Committee.
Software and technology solutions providers interested in being listed can sign up for:
- Enhanced Listing — Listing includes company name, URL, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, company/product description, company logo. Click here for more information.
- Standard Listing — Listing includes company name and phone number. Click here for more information.
For more information, e-mail Wil Heslop at NAHB.
The Technology Solutions Directory is solely for educational and informational purposes. Nothing in the directory should be construed as policy, an endorsement, warranty or guaranty by the National Association of Home Builders of the listed software, IT service or the software/IT vendor. The National Association of Home Builders expressly disclaims any responsibility for any damages arising from the use, application or reliance on any information contained in this directory.