Finalists Selected for EVHA Energy Efficiency Awards
The NAHB Research Center selected 18 finalists for the 2006 EnergyValue Housing Awards (EVHA) program recognizing home builders who voluntarily incorporate energy efficiency into the design, construction and marketing of new homes. The winners will be announced at the 2006 International Builders’ Show in Orlando, Fla. on Jan. 11.
Gold, silver and honorable mention winners will be designated, with one builder earning the “Builder of the Year” award.
A panel of energy-efficiency experts representing engineering, construction, design and marketing selected the finalists based on their homes’ energy value, design, construction methods and processes, marketing and customer relations efforts, and their ability to demonstrate a whole-house systems design approach.
In addition, the public can vote online for the “People’s Choice,” their favorite home design from among the finalists. Voting is open until Jan. 10. To vote online, click here.
The finalists include:
- AndersonSargent Custom Builder, LP, Waxahachie, Texas
- Applegren Construction, Inc., Grand Forks, N.D.
- Aspen Homes of Colorado, Inc., Loveland, Colo.
- Big Horn Builders, Inc., Boulder, Colo.
- Chisholm Creek Development, LLC, Enid, Okla.
- Chuck Miller Construction, Inc., Hidden Springs, Idaho
- The CoHousing Company, Berkeley, Calif.
- Ence Homes, St. George, Utah
- Ferrier Builders, Inc., Ft. Worth, Texas
- Fireside Home Construction, Dexter, Mich.
- Palm Harbor Homes, Addison, Texas
- Pardee Homes, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Skyline Homes, Inc., Lincoln, Neb.
- Stitt Energy Systems, Inc., Rogers, Ark.
- SunTerra Homes, Inc., Bend, Ore.
- Tierra Concrete Homes, Inc., Boone, Colo.
- TJ Bednar Homes, Tucson, Ariz.
EVHA is coordinated by the NAHB Research Center in partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy through the National Renewable Energy Laboratory and NAHB. For more information, visit www.nahbrc.org/evha, or contact Dr. Kevin Mo, EVHA program manager, at 301-430-6210.