Centex Homes Announces 24 Scholarship Winners
Centex Homes and the National Housing Endowment, the philanthropic arm of NAHB, recently announced the 24 winners of the 2005-2006 Build Your Future Scholarship.
The scholarship program assists students learning to be managers in the building industry nationwide. This year’s winners are:
- Aaron Amuchastegui, a junior at Cal Poly State University in construction management, was awarded $4,000.
- Ashley Bastian, a freshman studying construction management at Utah Valley State College, will receive $4,000.
- Keenan Booker, a California State University-Sacramento sophomore studying civil engineering, was awarded $2,000.
- Joshua Breshears, a senior in construction management at Louisiana State University, will receive $2,500.
- Katy Brown, a sophomore studying architecture at Penn State University, will receive $1,000.
- Benjamin Copenhaver, a sophomore studying residential construction management at the Pennsylvania College of Technology, was awarded $3,000.
- Debora Cruz, a junior majoring in housing studies at Oregon State University, will receive $2,000.
- Andrew Garver, an Illinois State University sophomore studying construction management, was awarded $2,000.
- Alejandro Henao, a junior majoring in civil engineering at the University of Colorado, will receive $1,000.
- Joel Irby, a University of Montana-Helena Technical College freshman studying construction technology, will receive $2,000.
- Nichole Karr, a junior studying construction management at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, was awarded $3,000.
- Travis Kay, a Brigham Young University-Idaho sophomore studying architectural technologies, was awarded $2,000.
- Keith Mack, a sophomore construction management major at Purdue University, will receive $1,000.
- Christopher Marcotte, a sophomore in construction management at Farmingdale State University of New York, was awarded $3,000.
- Robert Morris, a Georgia Institute of Technology junior studying architecture and Spanish, will receive $2,000.
- Michael Olerich, a senior construction management major at Minnesota State University, was awarded $2,000.
- Chad Owens, a senior civil engineering major at Pennsylvania State University, will receive $1,000.
- Daniel Padula, a Fitchburg State College junior in architecture and construction management, was awarded $3,000.
- Kristin Talbot, a senior studying construction technology and interior design at Central Michigan University, was awarded $2,500.
- Scott Templeton, an Indiana State University junior studying construction management, will receive $1,000.
- James Thomas, a sophomore at Boise State University studying construction management, was awarded $2,000.
- Nick Thompson, a sophomore building construction technology major at North Dakota State College of Science, will receive $1,000.
- Alexis Vertalka, a Central Michigan University senior in construction technology and interior design, was awarded $2,000.
- Jordan Wilson, a junior in construction management at Brigham Young University, was awarded $1,000.
“Centex continues its efforts to remain at the forefront of builders providing educational opportunities to students pursing careers in the home building industry,” said Steve Nellis, vice president of recruiting for Centex Homes. “We take seriously our obligation to give back to the industry and are proud to work with the National Housing Endowment on this effort and committed to its continued success.”
Since the Centex scholarship program was founded in 1999, 67 students, including this year’s recipients, have been awarded more than $100,000 in scholarships.
For more information and other industry-related scholarship opportunities, visit the National Housing Endowment Web site at www.nationalhousingendowment.org.