“We are delighted that someone of Ron’s stature and influence will continue to play such a visible role in our association,” said NAHB President Bobby Rayburn. “This country still has critical housing needs, and it is important to keep housing at the top of the national agenda, especially housing that is affordable to America’s working families.”
Current priorities for NAHB’s Multifamily Leadership Board include:
- Encouraging smart growth initiatives that promote higher density housing
- Debunking the negative stereotypes associated with apartments that can lead to opposition to multifamily development
- Enacting meaningful tort reform
- Protecting and enhancing the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program
- Supporting the enactment of a multifamily production program to help meet the nation’s demand for quality rental housing affordable to working families
Trammell Crow Residential, which Terwilliger has headed since 1986, is an acknowledged industry frontrunner in the development, construction and management of high-quality multifamily assets. It is the only full-service multifamily firm that has done business on a national level for more than two decades.
Terwilliger is past chairman of the Urban Land Institute, where he continues to serve on the executive committee. Additionally, he is chairman emeritus of the Wharton Real Estate Center, immediate past chairman of the Atlanta Neighborhood Development Partnership and a member of the International Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Habitat for Humanity.
[ Go to Top ]