Entries Sought for National Green Building Awards
Entries for NAHB’s 2005 National Green Building Awards are now being accepted from home builders, remodelers, developers, nonprofit organizations, the academic community, industry experts and others involved in green building efforts.
The awards recognize individuals, companies and organizations that demonstrate a commitment to the ideals of green home building. Winners will be announced at the 2005 National Green Building Conference in Atlanta, March 13-15.
Entires must be received by Dec. 15.
Award applications are being accepted for these six categories:
- Green Advocate of the Year, which recognizes builders, groups and individuals for significant achievement in resource-efficient new home construction over the past year
- Green Program of the Year, which acknowledges home builders associations, municipal governments and other institutions for new and existing green building programs
- Green Project of the Year — Single-Family, in recognition of green design and construction in attached, detached (affordable and production) and custom-built/luxury homes
- Green Project of the Year — Multifamily, honoring affordable housing and luxury condos and apartments
- Green Project of the Year — Remodeling, acknowledging modifications and improvements to existing homes using water conservation methods, ventilation systems, energy-efficient products and other green techniques
- Outstanding Green Marketing Award, recognizing the sales and marketing campaigns of a product and a housing development that best advance the ideals of environmentally friendly, resource-efficient residential construction.