The Official Online Newspaper of NAHB
The winners of the sixth annual NAHB/Builders Mutual Safety Award For Excellence (SAFE) will be honored at a ceremony on Tuesday, Feb. 7, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Peabody Hotel in Orlando during the 2012 NAHB International Builders’ Show.
The SAFE awards recognize the achievements of builders and trade contractors who have developed and implemented high-quality construction safety programs, as well as those government officials who have made successful efforts to advance safety in the home building industry.
The 2011 SAFE Award winners are:
- Associate Member Safety Program of the Year
South Carolina Home Builders Self Insurers Fund
- Innovative Safety Program/Idea of the Year
Ryland Homes — Indianapolis Division
- Multifamily Safety Program of the Year
C.F. Evans Construction
- NAHB Safety Professional of the Year
Larry Freiert, Winchester Homes
- NAHB-Affiliated Association Safety Program of the Year
Home Builders Association of Metro Denver
- Remodeler Safety Program of the Year
Bettendorf Home Repair and Remodeling Inc.
- Single-Family Home Builders Safety Program of the Year — less than 10 home starts per year
Foursquare Builders LLC
- Single-Family Home Builders Safety Program of the Year — 11 to 100 home starts per year
Armstrong Builders LLC
- Single-Family Home Builders Safety Program of the Year — greater than 100 but less than 500 home starts per year co-winners
- Single-Family Home Builders Safety Program of the Year — greater than 500 home starts per year
The Mungo Companies
- Specialty Trade Contractor Safety Program of the Year co-winners
- Leadership in Construction Safety Award
Jim Carr, University of Arkansas Little Rock
For more information on the SAFE Awards or to RSVP to attend the ceremony, email Linda Wade at NAHB, or call her at 800-368-5242 x8300.