‘National Green Building Standard Commentary’ Now Available
The “National Green Building Standard Commentary,” the companion publication to the ANSI-approved National Green Building Standard, provides valuable insights into the intention and implementation of the practices and provisions found in the standard.
Available at BuilderBooks.com, the commentary enables readers to better navigate the green building standard.
Each chapter breaks down the different components found in the standard, allowing builders and remodelers to learn the best ways to build green in their communities.
Developed with input from members of the ICC 700-2008 Consensus Committee who developed the standard, the commentary is a useful resource for any designer or builder using the ICC 700-2008 as a rating system for developing or renovating residential properties of all types in order to reduce their relative environmental impact.
The publication expands on the compliance language in the ICC 700-2008, to further explain the standard’s:
- Scope and administration
- Compliance method for all applications of the ICC 700-2008, including:
- Single-family and multifamily new construction
- Renovations and additions
- Green subdivision development
- Requirements and prescriptions for all chapters within the ICC 700-2008, including:
- Site design and development
- Lot design, preparation and development
- Resource efficiency
- Energy efficiency
- Water efficiency
- Indoor environmental quality
- Operation, maintenance and building owner education
For more information or to order the “National Green Building Standard Commentary,” click here, or call 800-223-2665.