Research Center Announces Green Day Activities at IBS
Green builders and current and prospective green building verifiers are encouraged to participate and network during several informal events the NAHB Research Center has planned for Green Day at the International Builders’ Show on Wednesday, Jan. 21.
The day's lineup includes:
- 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. — Builders, verifiers and product manufacturers should stop by the Building Systems Council (BSC) hospitality suite, South 106 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, to get information on the NAHB Research Center’s Green Approved or Green Modular programs from Bob Hill, NAHB Research Center director of laboratory and certification services.
- 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. — Builders can learn more about the National Green Building Certification process from Don Carr, NAHB Research Center green program manager and project director, in North 263 of the Convention Center.
- 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. — Current and prospective verifiers for National Green Building Certification can hear from Research Center staff members about marketing opportunities for verifiers, the Green Modular and Green Approved products programs and changes to the online scoring tool, in North 263.
- 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. — A special Verifier Training Session will be held in the BSC Hospitality Suite (South 106). There is no charge for this training session, but pre-registration is required for the four-hour class.
- 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. — Builders participating in National Green Building Certification and accredited verifiers are invited to join the Research Center staff for food, drinks and networking at a reception to recap the inaugural year of the program. This informal gathering will be held in North 263.