Energy Star Honors Whirlpool for Energy-Saving Appliances
In honor of its outstanding contribution to providing innovative products that help consumers reduce their utility bills and contribute to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, Whirlpool Corporation has been recognized with its third consecutive Energy Star Sustained Excellence award from the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy.
Whirlpool will accept the award — its ninth from Energy Star — at ceremonies in Washington, D.C. on April 1.
Whirlpool has been a long-term partner with Energy Star and helped create guidelines that were the precursor of its program for appliances.
For more than 30 years, the company has been developing high-performance appliances that help conserve natural resources and allow home owners to use energy and water more efficiently. It is the only appliance manufacturer that focuses on energy and water conservation “across the board” — from design to manufacture and distribution, to the end of the product life-cycle.
Whirlpool Corporation offers consumers the largest breadth of Energy Star-rated qualified appliances. Its more than 700 innovative models include:
- The Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer steams away tough stains — from grass to grease — without pre-treating. Using its normal cycle, this model saves consumers 73% on water and 77% on energy, compared to top-load washers manufactured before 2004.
- The Whirlpool Cabrio Steam Dryer combines mist and heat in the dryer to steam away wrinkles and odors, reducing trips to the dry cleaner and providing front-load laundry efficiency in a top-load configuration.
- Flexible technology options through the Whirlpool centralpark connection offer a plug-and-play platform right on the door of energy-efficient refrigerators, including a digital picture frame and digital music player.
- The Maytag Bravos high-efficiency, large-capacity top-load washer features an impeller wash system with Sensi-Care technology and a commercial-grade stainless-steel wash basket — providing the thorough, dependable cleaning of a front-load system in a top-load configuration.
- The Maytag EPICz high-efficiency front-load washer’s space-saving design, providing dependable performance features and commercial-grade components, is one of the most energy-efficient in the industry. The washer received NSF International (formerly National Sanitation Foundation) certification for its sanitary cycle, which heats wash water up to 153-degrees Fahrenheit.
- The SteamClean option on Maytag dishwashers delivers enhanced cleaning performance on glassware for soil and spot removal. Whirlpool Corporation was the first in the appliance industry to launch a steam option in dishwashers.
- A new SteamClean option for Jenn-Air dishwashers enhances an existing wash cycle, such as the china/crystal cycle, with improved soil and spot cleaning to produce an even more lustrous shine. In addition to steam, these models have a new silent sound package, making an already quiet, energy-efficient dishwasher even quieter.
Whirlpool’s Inside Advantage program offers powerful brands, innovative products, targeted services and consumer insight to support building professionals. By staying closely involved with the building industry, the manufacturer has been able to help support sustainable construction.
"At Whirlpool, we believe that focusing on energy, water and the environment isn't about narrowing the field of choices, it's about broadening horizons,” said Mike Todman, president, Whirlpool North America. “We continually strive for efficiency improvements while always keeping in mind that exceeding the expectations of the consumer is our goal."
For more information on Whirlpool Corporation and its offerings for building professionals, click here or call 800-253-3977.
Headquartered in Benton Harbor, Mich., Whirlpool is a member of the National Council of the Housing Industry — The Leading Suppliers of NAHB.
This feature is solely for educational and informational purposes. Nothing on this page should be construed as policy, an endorsement, warranty or guaranty by the National Association of Home Builders of the featured product or the product manufacturer. The National Association of Home Builders expressly disclaims any responsibility for any damages arising from the use, application or reliance on any information contained on this page.