Postal Rate Increase Goes Into Effect May 14. Are You Ready?
The U.S. Postal Service will be increasing first class postage and introducing new shape-based pricing and dozens of rule changes that will affect the cost and way your business sends mail.
Some of the changes include:
- New postages costs based on size, shape and weight, rather than weight, as in the past.
- A new “Forever Stamp” that sells at the first-class, one-ounce rate and which can be used for any first class, one-ounce letter, even if a rate change has occurred.
- Reduced additional-ounce rate for First-Class Mail®.
- Significant initiatives to reduce Undeliverable as Addressed Mail, including changes to address change fees and enhancements to software used for presorted mailing.
- Presorting will continue for large mailings.
- New flat rates for Priority Mail® envelopes and boxes and Express Mail® envelopes. Prices will remain the same for these mailing on packages up to 70 pounds, regardless of destination.
As the global mailstream leader, Pitney Bowes can help you determine the cost of your mailing with the Pitney Bowes mailstation™ digital postage meter/scale.
The mailstation™ digital postage meter, with its built-in scale, lets you weigh and calculate postage at the touch of a button.
You get exact postage every time — no guesswork. You can even print promotional messages on your envelopes.
Free 90-Day Trial
Take advantage of the 90-day free trial of the mailstation™ digital postage meter and receive a $50 postage coupon. After the trial you can rent the meter for only $19.99 a month for one year (plus the cost of postage and supplies).
This is a special offer to NAHB members. To take advantage of the offer, visit www.pbmailstation.com/nahb, or call 800-620-5653. Be sure to refer to order number 999993477.
To learn more about the postal rate increase, visit www.pb.com/ratechange.