Weyerhaeuser U.S. Mills Produce Certified Products
Weyerhaeuser Company announced in February that all of its 68 paper and wood products mills in the U.S. now meet independent standards for responsible wood purchasing.
Headquartered in Federal Way, Wash., Weyerhaeuser is a member of the National Council of the Housing Industry — The Supplier 100 of NAHB.
Outside auditors have certified that all of Weyerhaeuser’s primary mills in the U.S. meet the procurement provisions of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI®) Standard. The provisions require the mills to:
- Know where their logs and chips come from and the type of supplier
- Monitor suppliers’ compliance with state best management practices
- Promote sustainable forest practices among log and chip suppliers
Certified products made by Weyerhaeuser at its mills include:
- Lumber, oriented strand board, Parallam® and TimberStrand® engineered lumber, and plywood for construction
- Hardwood lumber for furniture and cabinetry
- Cellulose fiber for paper and absorbent products
- Printing paper for books, magazines and office uses
- Brown paper for bags and corrugated boxes
- Liquid packaging board for beverage cartons and food service products
Promoting the long-term health of forests through responsible forest management and mill procurement practices, the SFI standard is governed by an independent board equally representing environmental organizations, the forest products industry and the broader forestry community.
All of Weyerhaeuser’s U.S. forests have previously been independently SFI-certified, and the forests the company manages in Canada are certified under the Canadian Standards Association Sustainable Forest Management standard or the SFI standard.
This feature is solely for educational and informational purposes. Nothing on this page should be construed as policy, an endorsement, warranty or guaranty by the National Association of Home Builders of the featured product or the product manufacturer. The National Association of Home Builders expressly disclaims any responsibility for any damages arising from the use, application or reliance on any information contained on this page.