Best in Sales and Marketing Honored at The Nationals at IBS
The year’s most outstanding work in residential real estate sales, marketing and design was honored Jan. 12 at the National Sales and Marketing Awards gala at the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, Fla. The awards are presented by NAHB’s National Sales and Marketing Council (NSMC).
"Now in its 25th anniversary year, 'The Nationals' sets the benchmark for excellence," said outgoing NSMC Chair Beth Williams, a Richmond Hill, Ga.-based builder. "From architectural design and interior merchandising to Web site design and sales leadership, our 2006 winners presented the most original, imaginative and successful tactics used in new-home sales today.”
A diverse panel of industry professionals from across the country selected gold, silver and regional award winners from more than 1,400 entries.
Several top award winners are listed below. For a complete list of category winners and additional details about their entries, visit www.thenationals.com.
Community of the Year Gold Awards
- Attached Community, Urban: 2200 by Vulcan Inc., Seattle
- Attached Community, Suburban: TREO at Woodbury by Brookfield Homes Southland, Irvine, Calif.
- Detached Community: La Bellezza at Peregrine by Keller Homes, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Master-planned Community: Woodbury by Irvine Community Development, Irvine, Calif.
Individual Achievement Honors
- Marketing Director of the Year: Claudine Leger-Wetzel, Stock Development, Naples, Fla.
- Sales Manager of the Year: Angela Ferrara, The Marketing Directors Inc., New York, N.Y.
- Sales Person of the Year: J. Kevin Burke, Peninsula Realty, Millsboro, Del.
- Sales Team of the Year: Franchesca Meram, Daniel Short & Lucy Myers, The Ryness Company, San Diego
- Rookie Sales Person of the Year: Rick Libsack, The Ryness Company, Bellevue, Wash.
Legends of Residential Marketing Award
The Legends of Residential Marketing Award, begun in 1992, honors builders and consultants who stand apart as leaders in the new home marketing field. Award winners are selected for their professional commitment to the industry and new home community marketing innovations.
- Tom Richey, MIRM, President, Richey Resources, Houston
Sales and Marketing Council of the Year
- Under 250 members: Desert Sales & Marketing Council of BIA of Southern California, Palm Desert, Calif.
- 250 to 500 members: Sales & Marketing Council of Southern California, Mission Viejo, Calif.
- More than 500 members: Sales & Marketing Council of the Northeast Florida Builders Association, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Special Recognition — New SMC Council: Sales & Marketing Council of Greater Savannah, Savannah, Ga.
For more information, visit www.thenationals.com.
Subscribe to Sales + Marketing Ideas Magazine for Cutting-Edges Information
For additional cutting-edge sales and marketing information, subscribe to NAHB’s Sales + Marketing Ideas magazine (www.smimagazine.com).
Click here to learn about membership benefits of the National Sales and Marketing Council and the Institute of Residential Marketing.
The Institute of Residential Marketing Offers Courses and Designation Programs for Sales & Marketing Professionals
The Institute of Residential Marketing (IRM) offers four designation programs for sales and marketing professionals:
- The MIRM designation programs for new home marketing professionals
- The CSP and MCSP designation programs for new home sales professionals
For more information on these designation programs, click here.
Strengthen Your Selling Game
Bill Webb, MIRM, shows you how to strengthen your selling game in “Sweet Success in New Home Sales,” available through BuilderBooks.com. This book provides powerful techniques for selling more homes and making more money while enjoying your professional life. To view or purchase this publication online, click here, or call 800-223-2665.