Robson Seeks Office of NAHB Vice President and Secretary
Bobby Rayburn, NAHB 2005 Nominations Committee chairman, has announced that Joe Robson of Broken Arrow, Okla., has been certified by the Nominations Committee to seek the office of NAHB Vice President and Secretary for the year 2006.
I’m a home builder and proud of it. For the last 21 years, I’ve developed land, built homes and worked on commercial and industrial projects. Along the way, I’ve fought growth boundaries, downzoning, impact fees, lack of insurance, anti-growth city councils, assaults on private property rights, lack of infrastructure and overzealous regulators.
I have been active in both the Tulsa and Oklahoma home builders associations and served as president of both. My varied background — from builder to banker to timber farmer to community volunteer — gives me a broad perspective to represent the many segments of the NAHB family. Since being elected to the NAHB Board in 1990, I have worked to protect and enhance our industry through the political process on a local, state and national level. We have a strong association, but it has not reached its full potential.
Let’s stir the pot, shake things up, harness the energy of 225,000 members and take NAHB to new heights.
- Board of Directors since 1990
- Build PAC Trustee since 1993
- Capital Club member since 1992
- Home Automation Task Force, Single Family Production Committee, Smart Growth Task Force, Legal Action Committee, Budget Committee, Audit Committee, Mortgage Roundtable
- Chairman, Build PAC Golf Committee, 1993 & 1994
- Chairman, Capital Club, 1995
- Chairman, Build PAC, 1998
- Chairman, Resolutions Committee, 2001
- Chairman, Legislative and Regulatory Policy Task Force, 2002
- National Vice President, 2003 & 2004
- Chairman, Federal Government Affairs Committee, 2003
- Moderator, National Vice Presidents, 2004
- Vice Chairman, Budget Committee, 2005
For more information about Robson, click here (www.forestridge.com/GoJoe).