Speakers, Presentations Sought on Systems-Built Housing
NAHB’s Building Systems Councils (BSC) is looking for speakers and educational seminars for SHOWCASE, which will be held Nov. 6-9 at the Sheraton New Orleans.
The BSC is an umbrella organization that represents the manufacturers, builders and vendors of the concrete, log, modular and panelized home building industry. For information about the show and the request for proposals, click here.
Although the BSC is especially interested in presentations on specific topics, all proposals will be considered by the SHOWCASE planning committee. The BSC is also seeking keynote speakers for the conference.
Following are topic areas that have been identified for seminars:
- Innovations and advancements in tools and products useful for factory manufacturing (modular, panelized, concrete or log)
- Statistics & Forecasting — What does the future hold for the systems-built industries?
- Quality control in a factory environment: new ideas, best practices, taking new ideas and suggestions and putting them to work
- Human Resources — Best practices and innovative ideas in attracting, rewarding, retaining and managing a large base of skilled employees
- Customer Service — Dealing with unreasonable and unruly customers
- Home Buying Process — Making the home buying process as painless and seamless as possible
- Return on Investment — How to measure it and the margins that can be achieved on the different types of systems-built housing
The deadline for proposals is Thursday, March 31.
For more information about the BSC, the building systems industry, or SHOWCASE, click here or call 800-368-5242 x8676.