The home also features a unique “Storm Room” that functions as a shelter in severe weather. The room has Kevlar-reinforced wall panels, impact-resistant windows and fiber-cement siding.
Other safety features in the home include:
- Secure door and window locks and an electronic home security system that can be monitored by a third-party monitoring service or checked and controlled by the home owner from anywhere in the world
- A whole-house surge protector and a back-up electrical power generator
- An automatic water shutoff valve to protect the home against flooding from burst pipes
- A whole water purification system and a state-of-the-art air cleaner
- An innovative weather radio that provides automatic alerts
The home's amenities include environmentally friendly Icynene foam insulation, a Tonight’s Menu Intelligent Oven combination refrigerator and oven that cooks or cools food and a UNICO high-velocity air heating and cooling system that distributes air through 1.5-inch tubes.
“Systems-built construction allows us the flexibility to build custom homes with an assortment of special features, such as those that will go into the NextGen Home,” said Steve Kerr, president of All American Homes. “Because we build a high quality home that’s also strong and safe, we provide home owners with tremendous security on their investment.”
The home is located in the parking lot of the Orange County Convention Center next to the west entrance.