The New American Homes Goes the Systems-Built Way
The New American Home 2004 is also constructed from building systems. The home’s basement and two stories of above-grade walls are built with Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs), while other portions of the home are constructed with concrete masonry units and pre-cast floor planks.
Several organizations associated with the BSC’s Concrete Home Building Council were involved in the planning and construction of the house, including the Portland Cement Association, the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute and the Southern Nevada Concrete and Aggregates Association.
To tour the home, convention-goers can catch a shuttle bus in front of Main Registration Hall C2. Shuttles will depart every 30 minutes on the hour and half-hour during the show.
What Systems-Built Housing Can Do For You
After visiting the Building Systems Councils booth, Genesis Homes’ exhibit hall model and The New American Home, don’t miss the BSC’s education sessions, which offer practical lessons in systems-built housing. The sessions will cover each of the BSC’s sub-councils: log, modular, panelized and concrete home building.
The education schedule is:
- Award-Winning Log Homes: An Avenue for Success — Monday, Jan. 19, 1:30–2:30 p.m.; North 109-110, Level 1
- On the Cutting Edge: Extreme Construction & Design — Monday, Jan. 19, 3:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.; North 109-110, Level 1
- Can I Panelize This Project? — Tuesday, Jan. 20, 9:00-10:00 a.m.; North 101-103, Level 1
- Structural Insulated Panels: Energy Efficiency and More — Wednesday, Jan. 21, 9:00-10:00 a.m.; North 111-112, Level 1
- Log Building Systems: Enriching Your Future — Wednesday, Jan. 21, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. North 253, Level 2
- Introduction to Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) Technology — Wednesday, Jan. 21, 4:00-5:00 p.m.; North 111-112, Level 1
- Get Out of the Box! Modular Designs, 2,500-15,000 Square Feet — Thursday, Jan. 22, 8:30-10:00 a.m.; North 109-110, Level 1
- Expand Your Business the Systems-Built Way! — Thursday, Jan. 22, 11:00 a.m.-noon; North 253, Level 2