For official rules and more information, click here.
Winners in five categories will receive a donation of $10,000 each made in their name to the housing-related organization of their choice, subject to approval by Sears, and a certificate of accomplishment.
Sears may also publicize the achievements of the winners at the 2004 International Builders’ Show and elsewhere.
Sears will also designate two honorable mention winners in each of the five categories.
The entry categories are:
- Builders with revenues over $1 billion
- Builders with revenues between $400 million and $999 million
- Builders with revenues between $100 million and $399 million
- Builders with revenues under $100 million
- Professonal contractors/builders of a minority-owned business
Sears, Roebuck and Co. created the Sears American Dream Campaign in August 2002 in response to a HUD study finding that the nation’s minority homeownership rate was 18% lower than the national average, with less than 50% of African-Americans and Hispanics owning homes.
The company’s $100 million community commitment is helping to make homeownership and continued home maintenance a reality for all Americans.
We Want to Hear From You
Let us know what you think about NBN Online. Please click here to fill out the NBN Online Readers' Survey. Thank you.